First Time Users of JODI Oil Database
The JODI Oil World Database is freely available and is updated on or around the 20th of each month. The database consists of:
- Thirteen product categories: Crude oil, NGL, Other (refinery feedstocks + additives/oxygenates + other hydrocarbons), Total (primary products), LPG, Naptha, Motor/aviation gasoline, Kerosenes, of which: Kerosene type jet fuel, Gas/diesel oil, Fuel oil, Other oil products and Total oil products;
- Fourteen flows: Production. From Other sources, Trade, Products transferred/Backflows, Direct use, Stock change, Statistical difference, Refinery intake, Closing stocks, Refinery output, Receipts, Products transferred, Interproduct transfers, Demande;
- Data in three different units: barrels, tons and litres;
- Data for more than 90 participating countries;
- Data from January 2002 to one month-old.
To find out more details on products and flows covered in the JODI Oil Database please please download the JODI Oil Manual 2nd Edition.
The quality of the data is assessed on a continuous basis.
A unique colour cell feature when data are browsed on-line, provide the user with complementary information on the assessment made:
- Blue: a blue background indicates that results of the assessment show reasonable levels of comparability;
- Yellow: a yellow background indicates that the Metadata should be consulted;
- White: a white background indicates that data has not been assessed.
- Purple: data under verification
See also the 'Database' section for further information.
How to Access the JodiOil World Database
Users can browse the JodiOil data on-line and/or download files to their computer:
- To access the on-line database, click on 'Access On-line database' from the home page. Four (4) standard views are available for ease of access:
- Joint Organisations Data Initiative - Primary (all data), displays all data products, flows and countires contained in the primary products (Crude oil, NGL, Other) table covered in the JODI Oil extended format;
- Joint Organisations Data Initiative - Secondary (all data), displays data for all products, flows and countires contained in the secondary products (Oil products) table covered in the JODI Oil extended questionnaire format;
- Joint Oil Data Initiative (all data), displays data for all products, flows and countries covered in the JODI Oil initial questionnaire format;
- Demand top 30 countries, displays total petroleum products demand for the top 30 consuming countries;
- Stocks top 30 countries, displays crude oil and all petroleum products stock level for the top 30 stockholding countries;
- Production top 30 countries, displays crude oil production for the top 30 producing countries;
- When browsing data on-line, users can choose from a tabular report or a variety of chart types; produce customized report by selecting items, sorting, nesting and dragging-and-dropping; display descriptive metadata; and save data to .xls, .csv, and several other formats;
- Please look at the on-line 'Help' for further information.
- To access download files, click on 'Download Latest data file' from the home page. Files are available in three (3) different formats: .txt, .csv and .ivt (Beyond 20/20);
- The .ivt format requires the installation on your computer of the Beyond 20/20 Browser available for free on this page (see below);
- Beyond 20/20 Browsers have become the world's standard for viewing multi-dimensional data:
- Easy of use, speed and performance;
- High-impact visualization and charting;
- Allow users to export data to the format of their choice
- Please look at the 'QuickStart' document below for further information.
To read .ivt (Beyond 20/20) format file
Download, for free, the Beyond 20/20 Browser below and follow the steps laid out in the 'Installation Quick Guide'.
A 'QuickStart' guide to Beyond 20/20 is also available.