The Energy Data Transparency Reception/Exhibition was held in the Marble Hall and adjoining gallery of the prestigious Institution of Mechanical Engineers in London from 6:30 PM on 10 October 2017.
The Energy Data Transparency Reception/Exhibition is designed to raise awareness of the wealth of data made available to the public through the data dissemination efforts of national administrations, international organisations and commercial data redistribution agencies. The event provided a unique opportunity for dynamic exchange of ideas among data providers, users, and the suppliers of analytical tools and services from both government and industry.
The Exhibition was timed to coincide with the conclusion of the first day of the 13th International JODI Conference (IJC13). All conference delegates were invited to the reception/exhibition and further invitations were extended to other professionals in the JODI data user community. The event gather some 100 experts from:
- National administrations (mainly from energy and industry ministries) responsible for energy data compilation and dissemination,
- International organisations specialized in energy data,
- Financial sector,
- Commodity trading houses,
- Energy research consultancies,
- Specialized media on energy matters.