The 11th Regional JODI Training Workshop was held from 23-25 March 2015 in Vienna. The Energy Community Secretariat at its Headquarters hosted the event and the IEF Secretariat organised and co-ordinated the workshop with the support of other JODI Partners (IEA, EUROSTAT, GECF, OPEC, & UNSD) for the benefit of statistical officers in charge of hydrocarbon data collection at national administrations primarily from South Eastern European countries.
35 delegates from 14 countries took part in the workshop which was designed to raise awareness and build understanding of the Joint Organisations Data Initiative (JODI) among the member states of the Energy Community, many of which are not yet contributing data to JODI.
Experts in charge of energy data from the JODI partner organisations provided participants with a good overview of JODI and highlighted the importance of cooperation in the quest for global data transparency. The workshop also featured intensive hands-on training sessions to provided an opportunity for delegates to receive detailed instruction on JODI definitions and to learn more about the data quality assessment techniques necessary for the accurate and timely completion of JODI questionnaires. Experience-sharing among participants in charge of energy data collection to fill JODI questionnaires is a key component of the workshop to identify the best data collection and validation practices.
- Importance of Energy Commodity Data Transparency
- Energy Commodity Data Transparency in the Context of Energy Community Countries
- Oil Stocks Directive
- Enabling security of supply – Transparency Platforms
- The Joint Organisations Data Initiative
- JODI‐Oil Data Quality Assessment
- Extending JODI to Natural Gas
- JODI‐Gas Data Quality Assessment
- Use of JODI data in energy market analysis
- Increasing Energy Data Transparency