JODI Five Year Action Plan toward 2020 Executive Summary
1 Dec 2017
Following the 12th International JODI Conference in April 2015 in New Delhi, India, a JODI 5-Year Action Plan was developed to identify ways to achieve greater energy data transparency under the JODI framework.
The plan, facilitating the solicitation of support of JODI from senior government officials, was endorsed by the Heads of the JODI Partners Organisations (APEC, Eurostat, GECF, IEA, IEF, OLADE, OPEC, and UNSD) during the meeting in Algiers in September 2016:
“…The heads of JODI Partners reviewed and endorsed the Five-Year JODI plan to 2020 and agreed to focus future actions by the JODI partners based on the plan...”
The plan identified seven key objectives, on which JODI Partners and other key stakeholders’ activities should focus over the next 5 years:
- Objective 1: Continue to enhance the quality of JODI data
- Objective 2: Improve the timeliness of data reporting mechanisms
- Objective 3: Continue to strengthen capacity building efforts
- Objective 4: Strengthen engagement with JODI user/energy data analytics community
- Objective 5: Raise JODI brand awareness
- Objective 6: Consider improvement of data transparency for other forms of energy
- Objective 7: Identify and engage with JODI Champions
To date JODI partners have undertaken numerous actions in line with the plan and made significant progress on these objectives. The “JODI 5-Year Action Plan toward 2020” document initially published prior to IEF15 in 2016 highlights the initial progress and accomplishments. JODI Partners continue to make tangible progress on each objective. Additional progress will be reflected in future updates of progress based on the plan.