The First JODI Data-User Seminar took place in Geneva on Thursday 11 June 2015. The event is hosted by the University of Geneva with support of the JODI Partner Organisations (APEC, Eurostat, GECF, IEA, IEF, OLADE, OPEC and UNSD).
Heads of JODI Partner Organisations met in Moscow prior to the 14th International Energy Forum Ministerial meeting in May 2014. Recognising ease of access to data and communication with stakeholders as being of key importance in satisfying the rising expectations for JODI, Partners deliberated about the need for greater visibility and enhanced access to JODI data. Building on this discussion, JODI data users at the 12th International JODI Conference in New Delhi including energy market analysts from oil and gas companies, commodity traders, and financial institutions expressed their interest in meeting key actors involved in the Initiative. In response to this user-community request for outreach, technical experts from JODI partner organisations have designed a practical seminar for delivery to the JODI user-community in Geneva on 11 June 2015. This 1st JODI Data User Seminar featured the following topics:
- JODI History to Present: Importance of Energy Data Transparency
- JODI data collection and processing key features that differentiate JODI from other data sources
- JODI data for Market Research: Better Data - Better Decisions
- JODI Participation Assessments and key features of the JODI World Database
- Roundtable discussion on “How improved communication among data suppliers and users would enhance further energy data / market transparency”